As the guidance provided by the government is continuously changing, we want to ensure that all clients are up to date with our latest advancements and safety measures we put in place. Our policy page will be changed in accordance with the latest government updates, so the information provided is accurate for our services.
Latest Update – 19th July 2021
We at LasaDerm are thrilled that the covid threat has lessened, and the government is taking steps to ease the restrictions from 19th July.
As a medical aesthetics clinic, we take the safety of our clients and staff very seriously. Therefore, we have decided that all staff members and clients must wear a face covering whilst in the clinic at all times.
We will update you as soon as we make any changes to the restrictions within the clinic.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our COVID-19 Policy
To ensure that our clinic is a safe environment for our team and clients, we have put strict safety measures in place. When attending appointments, please ensure that you follow the points below:
- 1. If you have had a fever, dry cough or sore throat or have been tested +ve for ACTIVE COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not come to the clinic.
- 2. Please do NOT bring anyone with you into the clinic. They will have to wait in the car.
- 3. We will email you a COVID Disclaimer, which will need to be signed electronically before arriving at the clinic. There is no need to print this version as a secure, encoded version will be sent to you for digitally signing.
- 4. PLEASE REMOVE ALL MAKEUP before entering the clinic
- 5. Please wear a face mask until instructed otherwise during your treatment. If you have your own non-latex disposable gloves its worth wearing those to your appointment as well.
- 6. Please leave your handbag and purse in the car – just bring your car keys, credit card and phone. Handbags are an infection hazard.
- 7. When you arrive, please wait in your car.
- 8. We will text or phone you when we are ready for you to enter the building where we will check your temperature using a digital laser scanner.
- 9. If you have a fever, we will ask you to return home and contact NHS 111. You will not be charged for your appointment.
- 10. Please disinfect your hands upon entering the building and proceed to the treatment room with your practitioner.
- 11. The waiting room will only have the minimum and necessary clients to practice social distancing.
- 12. Our team have been provided with surgical scrubs, facial shields, surgical fluid resistant masks, appropriate gloves, disposable aprons and body protection and shields where required to maximise the safety of our team and clients.
- 13. Just before leaving the clinic, please disinfect your hands.
- 14. After your visit, we will wipe down all surfaces touched with disinfectant in preparation for the next patient.